Dating is a hard game and definitely an emotional rollercoaster. Trust me, I know and since I have developed a low tolerance level with each passing year, I’m either dying from a serious drought or have them lined up back-to-back. So although, you may not have made it to exclusive status, it’s still time and energy wasted and the frustration of thinking “where is he already?”. How does a gal get through those dating ups and downs without losing her mind—lets just say like everything else in life it takes time and some of this:
1. You must have a good group of girlfriends to rely on. Even better if at least one is single too. Why: Because they are in the trenches with you and haven’t forgotten how hard it can be. When $%#! hits the fan, I oftentimes go international-well if USVI can be considered international. Trace and I will sit on the phone and have serious bitch sessions and f-that dude conversations until we feel better or have finished a bottle of wine, whichever comes first and it’s usually the wine.
2. Don’t be afraid to cry. Yeah you know he’s not worth it and yes he was a loser and you can do better but after yet another dating session to end up at a dead road it hurts and you begin to wonder “Is it me?” You know what, it’s OK, just don’t stay in that mood for long.
3. You know what “they” say. The best way to get over someone is with someone else!
4. Don’t overanalyze! Take it from someone who analyzes everything, some dudes just aren’t worth you trying to figure out what went wrong. Cut yourself some slack and don’t be afraid of a little “me” time.
5. Party over here! This is one advice I need to follow more often. Get out, and get on with it! Like my grandma would say, “Men are like buses, when one goes by you know another one is on its way, so don’t run for it. You’ll catch one eventually.” Go out with your friends, dink, laugh, dance, and flirt and just maybe you’ll have a good time.
Now with all that said…GTF out there and live life—Smooches!