V-Day is around the corner and with all this love in the air–I’m a bit nauseated. Therefore in honor of the “love bug”, I created a list of all things anti-V-day. For all the St. Valentine’s haters, whether single or attached, here are things to do that aren’t so syrupy-sweet and filled with sappy chocolates.
1. Why not have a party! Why deal with the hassle of trying to get reservations on love day. With all those restaurant filled with pink and white confetti and balloons that look like Pepto-Bismol just threw up, invite over some friends and BYOB. If you must do a theme, try pink champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and more!
2. Have a crazy girl’s night out. Don’t hide from the day because you may not have a date. You can celebrate with girlfriends too. My friend and I use to go out to restaurants and then to a lounge every V-day whenever we were both single. Get fancy and head out for a fabu night on the town. Besides, you never know, you just may get lucky!
3. Ditch the romantic comedies and love dramas and watch a scary movie with your friends or significant other. If attached, at least you will have a reason to snuggle up tight.
4. Love yourself always! Plan your own spa date and indulge in a mani/pedi, facial or a wonderful massage. Sip on wine and feel extra special. After all, why wait for someone else to do it for you.
5. There are many restaurants celebrating anti-Valentine’s Day. Find one in your area and have some fun at that little cherub’s expense. If in New York, check out the Sunburnt Cow and Calf, they have a great Anti-V-day Anti-Valentine’s Day and No Love at the Cow bash.