Summer is slowly fading away and I’m trying to cram all the fun in before the leaves start to change and the weather gets chilly. There is so much to do and with the passing days, I want to give you all a chance to experience the city at its best! With the many rooftop lounges from the LES to UWS, hosting afterwork wine extravaganzas to $1 oysters, the Big Apple is a blaze with pocket-friendly activities at the most posh hotels. Try out a couple of the locations below and remember “One a day, will definitely keep the doctor away!
1. Hudson Terrace: Love wine! Get your drink on with six different wine tastings from Chardonnay to Merlot with “Wine-down Wednesday’s at the Terrace for only $25.00.
2. The Standard Hotel Rooftop, a throwback to the disco-dynamic 70’s, 18 floors up, the Boom Boom Room is split into two modern-retro rooms, filled with wavy cream-colored leather banquettes, golden fireplaces and skittles chandeliers. Party it up and remember there are no girls in the Boom Boom Room—well ok maybe a few.
3. A new Chelsea sensation. Introducing the Glass Bar, located in Hotel Indigo, this glass-enclosed rooftop makes it easier to party in the rain. On nice days, the glass roof, on the 20-story, is open on all sides. However, in bad weather, sit back and enjoy a cocktail as the sides are enclosed in a transparent, waterproof covering.
4. There’s a new rooftop in Chinatown. Introducing the Silkstone Rooftop (17 Orchard St (at Canal St), is a secret rooftop garden open now for private parties, where anything goes, with unobstructed views of the city, friends can entertain or be entertained.
5. Whoa, don’t look down! The Sky Room, known as the highest rooftop bar in the city at the new Marriott, Times Square. On the 33rd floor you’ll enter a futuristic pink neon-encased bar, sparse tables by the windows or go up one level to 34, leaving you on the north side of the roof, with low-slung couches, a DJ and a retractable roof in case the weather gets a bit unpredictable.
6. 230 Fifth Garden Rooftop is popular spot in the NYC nightlife scene. With a bar, lounge and club all in one –there’s something for all to enjoy! 230 is the largest fully enclosed Penthouse Lounge/ Bar and outdoor rooftop garden (partially heated for winter). Not only do the have fabu drinks but their fairly-priced bar menu is a sweet deal!